Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I left without

My daughter-in-law purchased a lovely little basket from a man constructing them at Wailua Falls. It was round and made from a green palm frond. It even had a little woven bird perched on the edge. I tried to find him there a couple of times- no luck. I also couldn%26#39;t find any such basket in a store.



I%26#39;d be happy to order one and pay to have it shipped - any suggestions.



What I left without


we have a few more days/if we go by there I will certainly look and pm you with any success.



What I left without




Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





The folks that work the Wailua Falls and Opaeka%26#39;a Falls areas are usually un-permitted folks who make crafts or paintings to sell to the visitors in those areas - so they vary widely as to who is there when depending on police presence.





I know that Uncle Nelson Ka%26#39;ai used to be at the Lihu%26#39;e Marriott on certain days making his palm frond papale (hats) and baskets - you might give them a call and see if they can put you in contact with him - Uncle Nelson is a wonderful gentleman and does beautiful work - he also crafts the Hawaiian nose flutes.





Malama Pono,



Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment