Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wedding at Hanalei Bay

Hello people,





My partner and I are planning a destination wedding for Fall 2010. We have narrowed down our choice to Kauai, Hawaii and have fallen in love with the cliffs on the North Shore (thank you people for posting the beautiful pictures). Can anyone recommend a good place to host a wedding? We are currently considering Hanalei Colony Resort.





Thanks Lori



Wedding at Hanalei Bay


Hanalei Bay Resort is a popular wedding site. They have 3 or 4 areas for ceremonies. ';Wedding Walk'; overlooking Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai, a small area with the same back drop (good for just the bride and groom, no guests) and down on the beach. There%26#39;s also an area under the Bali Hai Restaurant but the back drop isn%26#39;t as pretty.



If you PM me I have some pictures of a beach wedding there taken by guests of mine who went to a wedding at this spot 2 years ago.



I had my vow renewal at HBR and Diana Gardner coordinated it. HBR has their own planners and they are ok but it depends on how elaborate you want the ceremony.



Hanalei Colony in late fall can be pretty wild. Windy and rough seas. It depends on how late in the fall you are doing this.



Wedding at Hanalei Bay


PS,



Quincymom had a destination wedding and hopefully she%26#39;ll see this post or you could PM (private message her).




Thanks for the prompt reply jebett. We were also thinking about Hanalei Bay, but everyone who has recommended HBR has had either eloped or had a small wedding. Do your friend have a larger wedding there? Also is the restaurant at HBR still closed?




The beach wedding I have pictures of had quite a few people. Their reception was at Princeville Hotel the soon to reopen St Regis. Bali Hai is not open. No date yet. I have seen many weddings performed from 2 people to a 50. How many people are you planning on having? I had 42 at my renewal.




Hello Jebett,





We are planning to have between 40-50, so similar size as your wedding. Do you have any idea when the restaurant will reopen?




40-50 people is doable at the wedding walk area. I think it holds up to 75. I have pictures, so click on my name and send me a message. I can give you my email address and send you ones of a beach wedding and some from the wedding walk.



I wish I had a crystal ball and could tell you when the owners want to open the restaurant but the truth is they are looking for another restauranteur to come and run it and in this economy that is tough to do.



There%26#39;s a large open area under the restaurant where people put a tent out. There are very good caterers on the island. If you are coming after Oct 1st the St Regis should be open. Other options for a reception are BarAcuda, Hukilau Lanai (30 minutes away), Mediterranean Gourmet (20 minutes away) or maybe the Westin (5 minutes away).



Here%26#39;s a good wedding coordinator.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_tZmfbIna4



Lots of good Youtube weddings on this site too.


  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment