Wednesday, March 28, 2012

'Entertainment Book' usage on the Big Island

From what I gather, the main reason for me to buy the %26#39;Entertainment Book%26#39; is for the Polynesian Cultural Centre on Oahu...which is fair enough (if I do in deed get $43 off)!





However, could you please tell me how else you have used it when staying on the Big Island...ie, an ice cream here, a Chinese there!





I%26#39;ll be in the Kona area for a few days and then at the Volcano. Any little hidden gems!?!





Many thanks.



'Entertainment Book' usage on the Big Island


Toilet paper? Kindling for a camp fire? Look at the entertainment.com web site; you%26#39;ll find that 98% of the coupons are for Honolulu and Oahu. I think about 2% of the coupons work on Maui.





In the past, the Hawai%26#39;i Entertainment Book has been worthless on the Big Island.



'Entertainment Book' usage on the Big Island


Stu....it makes a great door stop. BBQ starter,



If you buy ths for the Big Island.... dont forget change your name from ';Soccer Stu '; to ';Sucker Stu'; Cupons are not used here on this island



Stu.....we really dont have any Chinese restauraunts here..... Thai, Korean Japanese Hawaiian yes.... Maybe little take out places...like Panda Express, Royal Jade, Dons,Kona BBQ.....thats all I know for chinese. Ant those are pretty Poor





As mike said.... nobody here uses the book or is in the book.........Its great if you selling someone the book....





Oahu is a Huge Metro city with over 1million.... Big island has one town..Hilo about 40,000. Kona , Waimea are villages, with like 20-24,000 about 4 blocks long...very rural.,..and non touristy




Stu,



I can tell you that my neighbor went to the Oahu and the Big Island and used the Entertainment book (she went in 2008).



She admitted most of the coupons were for Oauhu but she said she used enough of them on the Big Island that she might consider buying it again if she went there again.





You might take a look at this person%26#39;s site who lives on the Big Island and breaks down how many coupons are in the book.



http://www.andhawaii.com/entertainment-book/



I emailed her with a question on whether a coupon from a company in my neighbor%26#39;s previous edition was in the 2009 book. She quickly emailed me back.





I bought the book and I plan on using it for a few things. I won%26#39;t save hundreds of dollars, but the coupons/discounts I am planning on using will save me more money than I spent buying the book. Many people also turn around and resell the used book on ebay.





You might be able to save some money by buying a used one ebay (make sure you ask what coupons are already used) or recoup a little money by selling your used one.





It really depends where you are going and what you are planning to do whether the book will work for you.




Forget buying the Book for use on the Big Island. it is just not worth it. We have supported the purchase of Entertainment books at a variety of locales over the years. But even the most populous places have cut back and limited the deals... Sign of the times. There are are some locales that we just do not buy again. Even if the Big Island had a good number of vouchers/coupons in the book...Not everything is to one%26#39;s liking??? Definitely not worth the money at all !

No comments:

Post a Comment