Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Vacations Bankrupt!!!

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their vacation after Happy Vacations wholesaler has closed its doors the other night... unannounced.



I booked my honeymoon through saveonaloha.com and now they are telling me to send them more money to rebook through another wholesale company. Does this sound like fraud to anyone? I did all my planning with saveonaloha.com and gave them my credit card for payment. Now they tell me to chase my credit card company for a refund and pay them again to re-book. If I never get a refund... I sure cannot afford to pay 2X for my honeymoon. Is saveonaloha going to shut its doors and loose me another $2200. Something just isn%26#39;t right about this one???



We leave in 2 weeks so we have a little time to try figure this out. Any info appreciated from anyone.



Thank you.





Happy Vacations Bankrupt!!!


Call your credit card company and dispute the first charge. Get that on the record.





I wouldn%26#39;t go back to saveonaloha.com, not the way they%26#39;re dealing with you. Try http://pleasanthawaiivacations.com/. I%26#39;ve heard good things. Another option, if you have the time and energy, is to book things yourself.



Happy Vacations Bankrupt!!!


My sister knows someone who was left without the money she paid up front for a vacation because these guys went bankrupt. She did not buy travel insurance (I never do either) but the travel agent actually paid for the vacation again, out of her own pocket.





http://www.happyvacations.com/





Here is the local story:





komonews.com/news/鈥?3504617.html





I always make my arrangements myself, using my visa, to be able to dispute, and websites and businesses I can trust for most of it (Hawaiian Air, Costco) - but I do use VRBO and local connections for my condo usually. I haven%26#39;t had a problem, but these are desperate times. Look at what happened to Aloha Air.





I guess if you are thinking of using a travel agent, get the travel insurance, the best you can (check if it covers the business going bankrupt) and use a credit card as well so you can dispute charges for anything that goes wrong.




Call your credit card immediately and usually they will work with you pretty quickly to reimburse the amount. Do not give them any additional money. You can book it yourself. There are lots of good deals out there right now and make sure you put any deposits and air on a major credit card. I found last year that trip insurance did not cover bankruptcies.




I am a travel agent who had clients on Happy Vacations and clients that have been left in the lurch. First got back to your credit card company. Always pay with credit cards, they have protection just for these cases. Then rebook with another company. Several companies are offering specials to help customers. Free insurance, no late fees, extended payment time. Call your local travel agent and ask for help. If they dont want to help you go to the next agent. The problem with online companies is that they dont have accessible customer service. Good LUCK!




I too just lost two-thousand dollars. I bought insurance but the travel agent said that it was through happy. Jerry Brown in Sac. ca. has a website that will let you file a form against happy becauce they have to be insured by law. There insurance #1009923-40. happy vacations 314 westridge dr. watsonville ca. 95076 you will need this for the form. I am trying to find out when and wherethey go to bankrutcy court and I plan to show up. I truly believe they had a plan to do this with malice. Good luck to you. If I learn anymore info I will pass it on.




I also had Cathy and she was yelling at me louder than I was talking to her. Once she calmed down I reminded her that she just ruined my honeymoon and lost my $2200. So much for the travel insurance because it was purschsed through Happy Vacations also. What a scam!!!



I had another agent from saveonaloha.com contact me today to try resolve the issue.(Not Cathy) Her response was to also chase the credit card company and some ';seller of travel'; government insurance company in CA. Sounds like hours of fun. Maybe I could do it on my relaxing honeymoon.



Saveonaloha.com is handling this mess as if they are next in line for the chopping block. Good luck to others in the same situation and keep posting if you hear any news about refunds from credit card companies. Thanks.




I find it amusing that people want to blame some poor travel agent when a multimillion dollar company goes down. When the fault is their own. When you buy on the internet you should have a credit card that protects you. Really protects you. Call American Express, contest the charge, they take it right off the bill. There are other cards that do the same. This is the 21st century. If you鈥檙e going to shop out there on the net, you are responsible for protecting your self, not some travel agent who has no ability to know whether a company is solvent. So they should pay for your mistake. I guess it鈥檚 always easier to point the finger at someone else.





saveonaloha is trying to help you, and you are protected to get your money back 100% either from your credit card company or the California Seller of Travel.





On a side note, if Happy Vacations is the one who charged your card, not saveonaloha why would you worry about saveonaloha shutting their doors since they do not have any money from you??




I know these ladies at Saveonaloha.com! They are the most trustworthy ladies I have ever met. Tainca - The fact that Happy Vacations went out of business is no fault of theirs. Happy Vacations has been in business for over 40 years. Who would have ever known they would go out of business! It is this damn economy fault! Most credit cards will provide you with a refund. I know that it is a bit of a hassle but if you re-book with Cathy or any other agents at Saveonaloha, they have the relationships with the hoteliers and will really move heaven and earth for you.




I find it interesting that the glowing reports here are both posted by one-posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment