Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Itinerary in Maui

We will only be in Maui for 3 days. We have the Feast of Lele Luau scheduled for one evening and wondered if we should also do a road to hana tour? It is an all day tour form 7-6:30.





We might spend the day in Lahaina the day of the feast. Do we give up the tour to relax at the Sheraton or do the Road to Hana? Are we planning too much??





We will have been in Honolulu at the HHV for 6 days prior. There we will be doing a circle island tour one day and going to Pearl Harbor on our own another day.



Itinerary in Maui


c-scape52 - with only 3 days I would not go to Hana, but I am not you. Taking a tour would at least free you from having to focus on the drive and enjoy the scenery, but you can%26#39;t turn back when you wish or stop where you please. It%26#39;s a personal choice. The road is gorgeous, it%26#39;s more bout the journey than the destination - although the destination is absolutely gorgeous. With only three days I would suggest Iao Valley and Kepaniwai Heritage gardens in Wailuku instead, lush and historical, but will require much less time.



Itinerary in Maui




c-scape..on your other post you got alot of good advice..I know it%26#39;s hard to narrow it down. Just remember some folks like to schedule each and every minute and others like to be beach potatoes and go with the flow...only you will know what%26#39;s best for your family.



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k270540…




Skip it...with only 3 days on island I can%26#39;t imagine being trapped on a bus for 12 hours! No matter how lovely the scenery may be. Relax...that%26#39;s what Maui is about.



LOL to barefoot...';beach potatoes'; LOVE IT!




Another ';skip it'; vote here. But then I%26#39;m one of barefoot%26#39;s ';beach potatoes'; :-) Consider instead a drive up into the Iao Valley. You%26#39;ll see lots of similar lush vegetation without the day long dramamine laden drive. Or take a drive up through West Maui to the blowhole.




VC don%26#39;t know your age bracket but Mamma and I have also now claimed the ';Lanai Potato'; title..you are wlecome to join us there for Maui coffee..:))))




Yup barefoot! 14 days...7 books...view of Lana%26#39;i and my coffee! 100% Maui grown...my vice!




Barefootn - works for me!! We leave on Monday and this 50something potato plans to put down some serious roots on Napili Bay.





Mamma - a couple of years back we were there for 14 days and I finished all my books in the first 7. Went to the room and ordered more from Amazon and had them overnight shipped to the hotel. The lady at the front desk was surprised that the box was really from Amazon. ';There%26#39;s a Barnes and Noble just down the road in Whalers Village,'; she says.





I reply, ';You don%26#39;t understand, I%26#39;m here for the duration and not going anywhere. Just keep the chi chis coming!';




VC..have a great Maui visit.enjoy the books, coffee and....all that makes Maui special.




OH Yes. VC....I think you and Mamma are in first place for Lanai Potato Queen..what a great Maui title.




Well I believe my husband would agree that being a ';beach potato'; in Maui would be just fine with him. He already feels that 2 tours in Honolulu are cutting way too much into our beach time there and suggests we combine them into a 1 day tour.





We are from outside Pittsburgh though, and probably won%26#39;t get back this way again, so I did want to see some of the scenery. Since we will be in Honolulu for 6 days, I guess we will get our scenery fix there.





Thanks to all for your great advice!





Hail to all beach potatos everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment