Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Just printed my boarding passes!

Heading out tomorrow from Seattle on a trip to celebrate my 40th birthday and my first real vacation other than Las Vegas in about 15 years.





Itinerary is pretty basic with lots of down time scheduled to play in the water.





Kaanapali Zipline



Golf at Wailea Emerald, followed by a massage at the Westin, and a gigantic steak at Ruths%26#39; Chris, then sitting on the beach and reflecting on my 40 years.



Snorkeling at Black Rock (staying at the Sheraton) in the morning and watching the MB championships at Kapalua in the afternoon.



A leisurely drive down to Makena for a visit to Big Beach



Watching the Steelers beat the Chargers at Moose%26#39;s in Lahaina.



Packing up and saying to myself ';I should have scheduled this for 10 days, not 6!';





Thanks to all (even Caddy!) who have made planning for this trip so much easier, either through full-blown trip reports or just their impressions of a site or attraction.



Just printed my boarding passes!


Roy, Hope you have a great vacation. Congrats on finally taking one. On your way to Big Beach, check out the snorkeling in S. Maui. Much better than Black Rock.



Just printed my boarding passes!


Congrats! Can%26#39;t wait to read the trip reports. Yes, can you extend the 6 days? You%26#39;ll hate heading back so soon! Especially with all the snow you%26#39;ve had there! I won%26#39;t be far behind you...just about 3 weeks, so looking forward to what you have to say! Have fun and safe travels!




Roy! You%26#39;re going to have a great time; and so glad you%26#39;re not over planning. Thanks for the kind mention.





If I was there I%26#39;d show you how to get on ';Maui time'; only by the ';Caddy way';.





If you have the spare morn, try golf at the Makena (North) too. If you have a day to spare, take a trip to Lanai and rent a jeep. I did that; was busy all day on the move but it was fun.





...and as you said spend lots of time playing in the water. Have a great time, from you pink friend Caddy! :)




Yay Roy! A long overdue vacation - hope it is wonderful for you. So you can cheer on Kozdude for all us TA%26#39;ers



Yes, do try South Maui for some snorkeling/beaches.





Caddy, glad to see you back on!




Aghh dont rub it in! If I have to shovel snow from my driveway one more time I will scream. Ready to shovel sand w my kids - only 21 days to go...



Hoping you have a marvelous time!




I know how you feel Roy. I just printed mine as well. Catching a 3:43Am Long Island RR Train to JFK for a 6:30AM flight. I%26#39;ll have my laptop so maybe in between the golf and events, we can meet at one of the bars for a drink.





Cad and Lesrose, thanks for the well wishes.




@kozdude - Check your PMs. Just sent you one.




Aloha and welcome to the Valley Island, Conde Nast%26#39;s travelers%26#39; pick for the best island in the world. I am the Golf Sales Manager at the Makena Golf Course. Wailea Emerald is a fine course; however, Makena is the best secret golf experience. If you have the time, stop by and take a look. Makena is the next golf course after Wailea Emerald (going South) and less than a 5-minute drive away. Check out our website at www.makenagolf.com -- the views will take your breath away. Please feel free to contact me should you have questions, (808) 269-5836 or e-mail me at makena@maui.net.





With Aloha,



Gail Tanaka



Golf Sales Manager



Makena Golf Course




SRH, by now you shoul dbe rubbing your belly from the Steak!! RELAX!!! If you get to Moose%26#39;s on Thursday root for my GATORS!!! If not try rooting for my PANTHERS on Saturday! But most of all have a great trip and report back to us! I am just 3 weeks behind you for a 16day visit!




Have a great time. After all this snowy weather in Washington State, Hawaii will really be paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment