Friday, March 30, 2012

Wetsuit?

We are debating on packing ';shorty'; wetsuits this year. We didn%26#39;t need them on Maui the last couple of years in May, but it sounds like the water may be colder this year and we intend on being in the water as much as we can. Can anyone give input who has been snorkeling recently? We sure hate to add the extra to our luggage, but...





Thanks!



Wetsuit?


We always go in late May/early June and have never needed a wetsuit. And we%26#39;re in the water a lot.



Wetsuit?


Without getting into the global warming thing, why would the Pacific ocean be colder this year? The water varies by only a couple of degree%26#39;s. You won%26#39;t need wetsuits unless your going skin diving.




Wetsuits, no but I do pack a rash guard. Doesn%26#39;t take up much space, good for snorkeling if I don%26#39;t want to get burned and if you surf or boogie board it prevents a rash.




Can someone please tell me what a rash guard is? I%26#39;ve seen it mentioned before but am not familiar with it. Thanks.




http://www.rashguardshirtco.com/



Rash guards help protect against chafing when you surf but now they are used by moms to protect their little ones from the sun. They come with a UPF rating.




Thanks...I have a long sleeve rash guard I bought at the local surf shop here. I used it last year as sun protection...not really helpful with warmth. Someone posting about the extended winter added that the water is colder than this time last year. I was mainly wondering if that was indeed true. I think the water was about 78 degrees when we went to Maui first week of May last year. It was just bearable for me to do about 45-60 minutes in the water before I got cold and that was with my long sleeve black rash guard.




jebett,





Thanks for the link! My kids both need new rash guards before we go to Kauai in June. My kids have been wearing them for years for extra sun protection.





Marti




Here is another website that has great stuf for kids!





http://www.tugasunwear.com/





Amazon.com has a bunch of places that sell them for adults and children but my kids love the camo prints on Tuga%26#39;s website.




I have a wetsuit vest I was going to bring along. Takes up less space than a full shortie wetsuit. I%26#39;m used to my local YMCA%26#39;s 85+ degree water, so 78 sounds a little chilly to me.




I am hoping for 78 degrees, though I am not sure they have these kind of temps yet. A vest sounds like a good idea. I just want to be able to snorkel comfortably. I

No comments:

Post a Comment