Friday, March 30, 2012

How are the rooms at Kaanapoli Beach Hotel-I have asthma...

We are planning to book the Kaanapoli Beach Hotel in Dec. I heard it was very old and was wondering if the rooms had mold or mildue as I have allergies and asthma.



How are the rooms at Kaanapoli Beach Hotel-I have asthma...


The hotel is old, but they have renovated many of the rooms. When you call to make your reservation, ask for the Maui or Lanai wing and specify that you have a health issue - request a renovated room - those two wings are predominantly if not all renovated. I have allergies and the un-renovated room was not going to work, (the lowest rates will be those) we just got another that was totally redone, it was our choice, an upgrade for an upcharge %26amp; turned out to be excellent) so I had not a bit of trouble.



Very nice folks there and it is their best interest to satisfy the guest. We found them to be most accomodating.



How are the rooms at Kaanapoli Beach Hotel-I have asthma...


I stayed in a renovated room and it smelled like mildew and smoke. Apparently other guests I spoke with had the same problem.




I stayed in the Maui wing on the 5th floor and never had an issue. I also have asthma but it hasn%26#39;t flared up in years. Floriday was always tough on my asthma though.




We stayed at the KBH in the Kauai wing this past February and loved it. We thought it was a lovely hotel in a great location. Request a newly renovated room when you make your reservation and you should be fine. I would definately stay there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment