Friday, March 23, 2012

Has anyone used a waterproof camera bag?

I%26#39;m just wondering if anyone has any experience with the waterproof camera bags like the ones on this site



waterproofcases.net/waterproof-camera-cases.…



I know I can get a waterproof disposable camera, I did that in the Bahamas last year. I%26#39;m just a photography nut and I wasn%26#39;t very happy with the disposable pics. If I could use my digital point and shoot underwater I would love it! I am not willing to spend $200 on the waterproof cases either. Thanks for any help!



Has anyone used a waterproof camera bag?


We have a Dicapac WP400 waterproof case for a Canon SD750. It was about a $40 purchase on ebay. It has held up well in the Caribbean and Hawaii. We use a Canon SD750 which has an underwater mode. People always comment on the quality of our snorkeling photos.



It is recommended for depths of about 15%26#39; if I remember. One tip is that you won%26#39;t be able to c enter your shot on the LCD underwater, the screens are not bright enough so just guess and shoot. Also with the Dicapac there is a protrusion with a glass lens (which adds to the quality of the shot). When you lens extends it may catch and fault the camera and you will end up with zero photos so be careful and make sure the camera lens is centered.



Also these types of bags are good for use anytime your camera might become wet or dirty.



Good travels.



Has anyone used a waterproof camera bag?


We have an Aquapac camera bag. We used it once and the LCD screen does not show up too well through the case when we were underwater. Took underwater pictures fine though.





Maybe with more practice we would eventually get used to it, but we gave up and just use the camera without the bag. Yes, we were water proofing the water proof camera. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment