Friday, March 23, 2012

has anyone stayed at this hanalei house?

We%26#39;ve rented this house in Hanalei for a week in late September.





www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p166457





It looks like a fantastic space inside, and reasonable walking distance to both the beach and the bars and restaurants in town.





Does anyone have any experiences with it?





Also, when we were there six years ago, there was a small noodle restaurant in Kapaa, with a red-headed bartender whose name i dimly remember as Michelle. We%26#39;d been to a sports bar in the same space on previous trips, when it was called the Sideout. Are the restaurant and the bartender still around?



has anyone stayed at this hanalei house?


I doubt you will be able to hear the crashing surf from it, judging from the map. It%26#39;s more than a coupld of blocks off the beach.





Looks very interesting, though. Would be nice if they had a hottub.



has anyone stayed at this hanalei house?


I got a better look at the map from Google Earth. It is on the good side of the highway, and is probably 2 blocks from the beach- easy walk.




I think ';Sideout'; changed hands once before it became ';House of Noodles'; - not familiar with the redhead?



House of Noodles spot was originally a Dairy Queen - back in the mid 70%26#39;s.




I remembered that the Sideout changed names at least once, but I don%26#39;t think it changed owners that time. My wife and I only get to the islands about every five years, so my memory is always a little fuzzy. We first went there in 1994, and it seems to me that the owner was a guy named Jason. When we went back in %26#39;99, the name had changed, but he was still in charge. The most recent visit was in %26#39;03, and the noodle place had just opened, but we remembered the bartender from the previous trip. Visiting so infrequently, its a real treat to see a familiar face. We can%26#39;t wait to get back.






I have not stayed there and don%26#39;t recall seeing it as we were biking around Hanalei. The location looks quite good as do the interior pictures. I hope you will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment