Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Park Shore Waikiki or.....I don't know!

I have been reading so many reviews, here and on other sites (travelocity, hotels.com, orbitz, expedia and more!) as well as doing alot of reading/searching on this forum.





I will try to sum up our trip.. My niece will be cheering/dancing in the Pro-Bowl half time show. We have planned our trip (and already purchased plane tickets) for Feb 1-12. My Mother, 2 sisters and Niece all bought their package through the cheerleading group and are going to be staying at the Marriott from 1st-8th then moving to the navy lodge for the other 4 nights.





My husband and I are booking our hotel seperatly and I%26#39;m trying for the $150 range.





I would like to stay near the marriott so we can be near each other for most of the trip. (I know they will be ';far'; when they move to the navy lodge)





I was all ready to click and reserve a room at the Hotel Renew, based on reviews here and elsewhere. Then I clicked on the forum and started reading! And now I%26#39;m back at square one. The room rate there is $144 ($1770 with taxes)for the City View with King room. Which is exactly what I am looking for rate wise. I realize the hotel doesnt have all the amenities (Pool/restaurants) but the price is right.





After reading here I looked up the Park Shore Waikiki and they have a rate of $162 for an OceanFRONT room ($1997 total with taxes) That is about the upper limit for what I can (or should) spend.





I also looked at the Resort Quest Waikiki Beach which had a Standard Room for $140 ($1769 total), but doesnt mention any view. Their next rate is Partial Ocean View for $177 ($2233 total which is pushing it)





I have been using a map I found posted here as a reference to check hotels around the Mariott(thank you to the one who posted this!!! http://www.spotlighthawaii.com/SpotlightPDF/WebMap/Oahu/Oahu-Waikiki-2008a.pdf)





I am sorry this post is so long, but I have spent hours/days/months reviewing this and I feel like I am going nowhere! Any help would be so very greatly appreciated! I am trying to decide between these hotels, and every time I pick one and research, I end up with 20 more to check and so on and so forth. I really need help narrowing it down and picking something!





Thank you so much for any help and info you can give.



Park Shore Waikiki or.....I don't know!


If you are planning to rent a car, then you also have to consider parking rates at Waikiki hotels %26amp; condos. It ranges from $10-$25 per day.





Considering you are mention that Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel with partial ocean view at $177 is pushing it, you might consider Resortquest Waikiki Banyan. Its a condo with one bedroom %26amp; only $10 for parking. Its in the same general area %26amp; about 1 block from the beach.





Save the $$ that you would spend getting a view %26amp; use it for the attractions on Oahu.





Lots of info:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862鈥?/a>





Some links to compare hotels/condos:





http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahaerials.html





http://travel-hawaii.com/oahu_hotels.html





http://travel-hawaii.com/oahu_condos.html





www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html



Park Shore Waikiki or.....I don't know!


Rusty, Thank you for your fast response!





Just a quick reply in reference to cars. ( I need to go out and get something to eat. I%26#39;ve been staring at hawaii hotels since noon! (almost 6pm here)





I have done some research on parking/rental cars. We are most likely sharing a rental with the rest of the family, and parking where it is cheapest. We will be splitting it 6 ways so it won%26#39;t be as much of an issue.





As for the Banyan, I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ve done alot of research on that one yet. I will check it out later. I see they have a lower rate for a standard room and even a decent rate for a view. The main reason I mentioned the partial oean view at the Resort Quest is because the Park Shore is offering an ocean *front* room for a lower rate. (162 vs. 177) I am just trying to figure out if there%26#39;s a comparison between these hotels.





I will also do some searches for Banyan later and see what I come up with!





Thanks Again!




Oops!! **Correction**





Sorry Dusty!! Guess the R was too close to the D. Or maybe it was the hunger messing with my ability to spell. Much better now that I had dinner.




Agree with Dusty about the Banyan but will offer two others that are also in the same area the Resortquest Pacific Monarch and the Aqua Bamboo.




I am glad you checked her end did not reserve at the Renew.





I think you鈥檒l be happy with either the ResortQuest or the Waikiki Parc. My family has stayed and the Waikiki Parc and loved the view.





I think the Resortquest rooms are a little nicer and newer but you won鈥檛 have he view of the Parc. They are both across the street from the beach and you will love it!




check into the resortquest waikiki circle directly across from the beach on kalakaua no hoels in front of it so the oceanfront and oceanview rooms have killer ocean views.rooms are small but theya re close to the marriott and have a weekly rate i think i know they have the rate in the spring and fall seasons not sure about the high season.



aloha marie




Check out the Sheraton and the Princess Kaiulani and the Hyatt. Also check for AAA rates. Stay away from the Aquas.





Keep in mind that Pro Bowl is a VERY, very popular event that brings in a ton of visitors. You%26#39;ll have alot of competition.




Thank you all for all of the info.





I tried to take a bit of a break from my researching today. I have been making myself (and my family!)crazy with all of my hotel talk.





And now I throw in something totally different! I had seen something on the forum about someone booking with costco or something similar, which reminded me that my mother is a costco member. (duh)





I checked into their vacation package prices and found one that gives me 11 nights at the Sheraton Waikiki in an Oceanfront room, transport to and from the airport and even an Arizona/Honolulu tour for under $2100 (including the tax/fees)





This seems to be a really good deal and I am seriously considering booking it. (I know the Sheraton isn%26#39;t ';near'; the Marriott, but hey, it%26#39;s above what I thought I could afford...right?





I figured I%26#39;d check here and see what feedback anyone has on this. It sure seems like a really good deal. Am I missing something? (even if I have to pay $50 for a membership for myself it still seems worthwhile)





Thanks Again for all the help!




Sounds good to me! It鈥檚 a great location and an ocean front room will be fabulous.





From what I recall there is construction going on there right now. You do know this? There was another thread here about the Sheraton where someone else is getting a great deal.





I agree with you. Get the best deal and just get there. You鈥檒l love it.




I sounds very good to me. There are other posts about the Sheraton, so scroll down a bit. The location of the Sheraton is excellent, and not really too far from the Marriott. Walking distance, for sure. And you may be glad to have a ';little'; distance between you and the rest of your party. There is some construction -- but that has been going on for some time. See a recent post ... something like Sheraton A+. There are other posts as well.





The Sheraton has been undergoing a face-lift -- and their views are wonderful. It is beach front. Being a Sheraton, there is usually some reciprocity with the Royal Hawaiian, the Moana Surfrider, and the Princess Kaiulani. Sometimes it just the ability to sign off charges to your hotel bill -- but often there are other kinds of discounts as well. It depends on your package and what else is going on.





I think it%26#39;s a real step-up from the other properties you mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment