Monday, April 23, 2012

Favorite Oahu Golf Course?

Which public course is your favorite? Best?





Morning golf, a good lunch, a drink and cigar before meeting the rest of the family on the beach in Waikiki in the afternoon.





What do you think? Thanks for your input?



Favorite Oahu Golf Course?


I haven%26#39;t made it out there yet, but will be going in February on my honeymoon. I%26#39;m a big golfer and would love to play 3 or 4 times, but for this trip, I only get to have one round. Based on my research, the general consensus was that the best courses are the Palmer course at Turtle Bay (North Shore), Ko%26#39;olau and Ko Olina. I think it is pretty safe to bet on a great round at any of these three.





I don%26#39;t know when you are going, but I will be there in early February. The wife and I are going to play at Ko Olina, and we will post a review once we get back.



Favorite Oahu Golf Course?


Thanks for the reply Scott. We%26#39;ll be going in early August. The choices you%26#39;ve listed are similar to what I was thinking.





I%26#39;d like to tour the resort and play the Ko Olina course. My dad would take me to Turtle Bay, just to hang out on the beach and watch the people playing golf long ago. We may play both!





I%26#39;ll wait for your report. Congratulations on the upcoming marriage!!




Vegas .... In general, public golf courses on O%26#39;ahu is very hard for visitors to make tee times. The Ala Wai Golf Course, located across the Ala Wai Canal from Waikiki on Kapahulu Avenue is one of the busiest public link course in the world. Don%26#39;t know if you can make tee times, but, do know that it is easy to go standby and play with the locals short on players. Other public links courses on O%26#39;ahu are located in Waipahu (Ted Makalena GC %26amp; West Lock GC) and one 9 hole in Kahuku.





Scott in Philly .... don%26#39;t know when you are visiting in early February, but, make a note that the LPGA%26#39;s SBS Open Tournament will be held at Turtle Bay during the week of Feb. 12th to 14th. With a major tournament approaching, public play will be limited at Turtle Bay, until after the tournament is over.





The LPGA%26#39;s Ladies Hawaiian Open, usually played at Ko-Olina after Turtle Bay has been cancelled this year, so Ko-Olina will be wide open for public play.





You will enjoy Ko-Olina. The later you play out on the west side of the island, the stronger the afternoon wind will be. Makes it very challenging with club selections. No matter what course you play, you will enjoy your round of golf.





What is our handicap?





Aloha and ';F-O-R-E';


  • la mer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment