Saturday, April 21, 2012

Buying low cost Digita Camera for Snorkelling Photos

I have been looking to buy a cheap underwater digital camera that I can use with the family while snorkelling in Maui. It is cheaper to buy verses pay $50 a day renting an underwater camera while in Maui.





Does anyone have any recommendations for a camera that you bought in the $100 range? Looks like I can get a 5mp camera for about that price retail but I%26#39;d trust a recommendation from a TA member. Thanks for your suggestions and recommendations!



Buying low cost Digita Camera for Snorkelling Photos


i have this camera (its my old one, so it got the underwater duty)...





amazon.com/Canon-Powershot-Digital-Camera-Op…





and this underwater case (found it online for 70 bucks)...





amazon.com/Canon-AW-DC30-Weather-Digital-Cam…





Pictures came out great, videos were awesome... you have access to all the functions through the case. case kept the camera absolutely dry... it was perfect





it was a great pick up for snorkeling, imo



Buying low cost Digita Camera for Snorkelling Photos


I got the Fujifilm Z100fd (in hot pink) and the separate waterproof housing for it. The camera itself is NOT waterproof, but it does have an underwater setting so you don%26#39;t have to worry about what settings to use if you aren%26#39;t familiar with the manual settings.



It takes great photos for close up snorkeling. I haven%26#39;t tried it in deeper water yet.




leisurepro.com/Prod/…





This may be the camera you are talking about. A 5MP for $99. I wouldn%26#39;t expect high quality out of it but it is definitely in your price range. Like many things, in underwater photography you get what you pay for. If it will be the only time you use it it will probably be OK. But if you ever plan to go again I would spend more and get a better camera. You can get a camera like the 10MP Pentax Optio W60 which is waterproof to 10ft. for 2hrs. if I remember right, which is good enough for snorkeling and it can still be used as a regular digital. And you can get them for around $240. And it doesn%26#39;t need a case.





As for the rental I don%26#39;t think it would be worth it. Especially since the setups I%26#39;ve seen on the net that they are renting they are making a killing. They probably pay for the unit in a week or two.




I posted on this subject last summer:



tripadvisor.com/…12281143





The camera worked great for that trip, but I went to Maui in October and the camera died. I think it leaked a bit and that ruined it. For the price I paid, I feel I got my money%26#39;s worth and would buy another one like it.





Olympus makes a line of underwater cameras and they sell them refurbished at ebay for a little over $100. I%26#39;ve been considering getting one of those.




I have the Olympus Stylus 1030 SW. You don%26#39;t need a case for this camera. I love it. The only downside is the glare and there is no viewfinder. But you can buy a pop-up shade.





Here%26#39;s the link to my underwater pics taken on this camera:





…multiply.com/photos/album/26/marissaRN_phot…

No comments:

Post a Comment