Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rental car...priceline...what's the catch??

Found on priceline, an Economy car for the week that we are in Hawaii, for $9 (YES, NINE) dollars a day! I put in $8 as a joke and it said to put in $11 or something, so I put in $9 and we got it lol...

So here%26#39;s the question, what%26#39;s the catch????? Someone tell me before I just book this!! Is it gonna be a manual or something instead of automatic or something??

Rental car...priceline...what's the catch??

no catch. They%26#39;re desperate.

There%26#39;s no way any rental car company is buying stick shifts. Hard to sell at the end of the useful life. If this were a thread re Europe, you could count on a stck at the low price end.

Rental car...priceline...what's the catch??

Holy kauai chickens....

What a deal.

We don%26#39;t spend days and weeks switching car rentals around....I look at the best deal on line, and just go with it.

Wwe alwlays had reasonable deals at about $25.00/day. Just a compact car, no bells and whistles since we do not need them.

Last year I just booked thru Enterprise at LAX for about %26amp; 27.00 per day, and didn%26#39;t worry about it after the initial booking.

The van was there to pick me up, and whisked me over to the off airport site, papers were all ready to sign, car was clean and fueled, and on one else in line. Even had fun with the agency personnel.

It was a Nissan Versa, and actually was a good driving car, and plenty roomy for me, and the famous one duffel bag.

Easy access to the freeway,and down to orange county in no time.

But, $ 9.00/day is superb, so I am going to give that a shot also.

Maybe maybe their plan is to hard sell an upgrade to something better, larger, or just desperate to get the cars on the road.

Mahalo for the scoops for the board, and if that is also available at LAX, we will giver %26#39;er go, mate.

thanks

Denny


No catch. I do it all the time. $9 is very good. I got $10 one time and for my trip next week $12, but I needed a mid size.

I do have one small word of warning. When you get to the booth, make sure you look over the contract Priceline has sent to the company. 2 times they tried to charge me a slight difference in price. They said I was keeping the car an extra 12 hours. I don%26#39;t know where or how they got that information, but it was wrong. Alamo and National changed the agreement since I was prepaid and I did not have to pay an additional charge.

Go for it and good for you! Your car will be just like the visitor who rented through the agencies site for $23/day. They don%26#39;t give you a worse car or anything like that. I use the kiosks so the agent doesn%26#39;t try to sell me upgrades and off I go.

Drive safely and have a great trip.


';no catch. They%26#39;re desperate.';

I have used Priceline when the economy was buzzing and got almost that same rate. Agencies contract out with Priceline to book unused rentals. I have gotten great deals on last minute hotels too.


';no catch. They%26#39;re desperate.';

Budget must not be too desperate yet. I%26#39;ve always booked with them, but just haven%26#39;t caught any great deals with them yet for my trip next month. I may have to give Alamo a try this time.


We won%26#39;t know our actual flight itinerary until 30-40 days before we go...(long story, trust me)

I can guess our pick up time of the rental car, but will it be a problem is I guess say, 3pm now, and then it turns out we don%26#39;t land in Lihue til 6pm or we land at 10am?

I want to pounce on this ridiculous $9 a day now, but want to make sure it won%26#39;t cause a major problem later....

thanks!


no catch, I got a convertible for $20 on Maui recently. Brand new Sebring. No problems.


is there a problem if I put a pick up time for the car and then my flight ends up being a few hours earlier or later than I expected?

Never used priceline before and want to jump on the $9 deal, but won%26#39;t know my flight itinerary until February probably...

thanks!!


the only catch is if you want a spouse to drive or any normal extra like that - they are NOT included with a Priceline deal. But, we were able to get it at the couinter anyway from Alamo without extra charges. Just had to be a bit persuasive.

So = no frills, but a great deal!

Can%26#39;t imagine late pickup would be a problem - just call the local office, once you know which agency you have, and make them aware. Late return is the no-no.


Don%26#39;t make a purchase through Priceline unless you know your itinerary. You can%26#39;t change it.... can%26#39;t change your pick up or drop off times once your payment is made.

Say you bid a certain price based on certain times... and you get your price. Then you buy your tickets and you don%26#39;t get in for 5 more hours....or you get in 4 hours earlier than your bid... you can%26#39;t change your reservation.

I would try to get your best deal without a commitment just to hold a car.... then try to bid once your airline tickets are purchased....

  • native name
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment