Monday, April 23, 2012

Royal Lahaina Resort or Kaanapali Beach Hotel?

We are headed to Maui for the first time next month (February) with our 2 year old daughter. We have our hotel choices narrowed down to the Royal Lahaina Resort or the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. We have found many great reviews on both. We are drawn to the KBH because of the many things to do for kids, but a bit hestitant because of the recent forum discussions on rennovations. The Royal Lahaina Resort appears to also be a solid choice as well, with beautiful rooms and a few extra pools.





Can anyone help with our decison? Which one is better for an active family with a young toddler wanting a great vacation?



Royal Lahaina Resort or Kaanapali Beach Hotel?


There is a current thread on this: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k245152鈥?/a> KBH highly preferred.



I will add to that another reason for KBH - they have flat, open grounds that are perfect for a two year old to run off steam.



Royal Lahaina Resort or Kaanapali Beach Hotel?


I heard the the KBH is being renovated and under major constuction. Check it out before you book.




If you reserve KBH direct with the hotel, you can request a wing without activity currently. I did, and they also have me in my non-smoking preference, holding a particular room for me. I think they are rolling out the customer service carpet right now with the economy. The same discount rates you see online should be available direct (within a buck or so) so that you can make these requests. They have better rates when you call them than what is on their website.





What days are you going? Good luck.




Waterkat, thanks for the info about requesting a specific room! I had an oceanfront reservation already, and I called and requested a renovated quiet room and they were happy to oblige!



In another post you mentioned you are paying $262 per night for OV, I am too! What a terrific price! I am very thrilled! I am only staying 2 nights there but I have a feeling I will wish I was staying longer!




Thanks to everyone for the scoop. Watercat: We will be there Feb 19-26. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment