Saturday, April 21, 2012

Winner of the Best Mai Tai Contest!

I%26#39;m sure most of you could not wait for me to return from Kauai and post the winner of my Mai Tai tasting. We enjoyed 8 glorious days on the island and tasted Mai Tais from many different restaurants. The winner, by far, is Hanalei Gourmet!!! We were sunned-out on Wednesday, November 5th from surfing near Hanalei Pavilion and decided to hit happy hour at HG for Pupu%26#39;s and Mai Tai%26#39;s. They were so good I head several before calling it quits. Duke%26#39;s and Keoki%26#39;s both have very good Mai Tai%26#39;s, Hukulau Lanai was below average, CJ%26#39;s was decent.





On the way out from Happy Hour at HG, I heard the waitress giving a patron the recipe for their Mai Tai but I was in no condition to copy it. If that patron happens to read this post, can you PM me with the recipe?



Winner of the Best Mai Tai Contest!


Freeny, that%26#39;s the results of several great Mai Tais...And it was so important to do that great research.





Wish I could have assisted, but looks like you did fine with the ';Pink One';.





You must go back SOON, as they need you to test taste again! :)



Winner of the Best Mai Tai Contest!


Good to see you two scallwags are keeping the fun light illuminated.





And, they used to tell us, many moons past,DON%26#39;T VOULNTEER FOR ANYTHING.





Well, gold stars, for forging ahead, and initiating the Kauai Island Volunteer Maitai Taste Testing Program.





Denny




We%26#39;ll be continuing the Mai Tai Tour in November, 2009(Nov 6th - Nov 14th to be exact). Anyone wishing to join need to reply and we%26#39;ll arrange a meeting date. Since I feel Hanalei Gourmet is king, we%26#39;ll meet there. Jebett needs to bring her best mixer. Caddyshackman needs to bring his pink thong, and Kalapakidooley and his DW just need to bring their incredible spirit!





Family will be joining us this time so I may need a designated driver back to the house. Lookig forward to his years inductee%26#39;s into the Mai Tai Tour Extravaganza.




freeny, I%26#39;ll have to join you in ';spirit';. HA! HA! So funny huh? Cough!





Wish I could be there, but will be awaiting your award winning decision. (Any chance you could mail back a few Mai Tai%26#39;s here for Caddy consideration?)





BTW, I never go anywhere without my pink speedo, but it does ride up in back certain times; can be a bit shocking for those less prepared. Oh well, I am what I am! :)




I just started by having one in HNL at the airport.



I will taste the one at MG to make SURE you are correct. We wouldn%26#39;t want you to be wrong!



Aloha.




Caddyshackman - They make double stick tape that could stop that problem.




Maybe I can help you all out just a tad with this!! We will be on Kauai for 2 weeks in May and I will give it my darndest for a few(several) entries into this contest. Aloha




Icee! I%26#39;m sure the more tasters, the best the contest results, and thus the winning Mai Tai will be discerned. I do think ';freeny'; has much experience in this, just like those fine wine tasters.





...Looking into a suit with better spandex freeny...I%26#39;ll keep the tape in mind. (I think Jennifer Lopez used it once on that green dress didn%26#39;t she?) :)




OK - - how about in the Poipu area - - best Mai tai%26#39;s there ?



---- or do you need another taster? Will be there soon!!!




I am recouping from the ones I had at BarAcuda last night. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment