Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mokulele to serve Kahului airport

Posted on AP yesterday:





';HONOLULU (AP) - Mokulele Airlines says it will start offering jet service to Maui%26#39;s Kahului Airport from Lihue and Honolulu on Feb. 1, a month earlier than previously announced.





Bill Boyer, Mokulele%26#39;s president and CEO, says the response for service to Kahului has been very positive, so the company moved up the start date.





Mokulele has been serving Maui with its Honolulu-Kapalua route, which will continue, with Cessna propeller aircraft. The carrier will start using Embraer jets on its Kahului route. Tickets were being sold starting Tuesday.





Mokulele is the newest interisland jet carrier, joining Hawaiian Airlines and Mesa Air Group%26#39;s go!';



Mokulele to serve Kahului airport


Thanks for the info BB...as always! When I first read you title, I thought it referenced the Mokulele Highway on Maui!





Geez, they%26#39;ve been working on that road seems like forever; but it%26#39;s getting quite nice now, I%26#39;d say. I recall one time traveling on the Mokulele going back to catch my plane back home. There was a terrible accident and traffic was a mess. They divered the traffic out onto on of those sugar cane dirt roads and I certainly lost some time getting to Kahului. (Let%26#39;s just say I was a bit worried and almost wasn%26#39;t wearing a pink speedo anymore by the time I reached rental car return....wink for you BB!)



Mokulele to serve Kahului airport


Caddy,





It took 6 years to widen the exsisting Mokulele Highway (7 miles).





I would estimate the construction time to extend it to Honolulu would be in the neighborhood of 152 years + unforseen delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment