Thursday, April 19, 2012

Grand Hyatt and then where?

I had posted this earlier. Staying at Grand Hyatt in Feb. for 5 nights with a group rate. If I extend our trip by 3-4 nights is there something comparible to the Hyatt but a little cheaper, still staying on the S or E coast? I%26#39;m afraid I will be spoiled by all the ';voom'; of the Hyatt. Are there any hotels or really nice condo%26#39;s with lush grounds like the Hyatt but that would cost less? Could you recommend some and then I could go on VRBO (for a condo) or what about Costco to see what the rates would be??? It%26#39;s just the 2 of us and I hear that a lot of the condo%26#39;s have a 5 night min. Sounds like I want what everyone else would want also: lush, beach, nice room, low cost.

Any ideas out there?

Grand Hyatt and then where?

There are so many nice condos in Poipu. I%26#39;m not sure what to recommend. But start here, I guess.

My husband stayed in Poipu Palms in December. It was a small condo but it was right on the water. He said it was perfect for two but not our family of 4.

www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/PP203.html

Or you can check out Kiahuna Plantation Condos. They have a wonderful garden area and they are right on a great beach.

www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/KH186.html

Other condos right on the point near Poipu Palms are:

Makahuena, Poipu Shores, Poipu Makai, just down the street from the Hyatt.

Also, Kuhio Shores is right on the ocean (no pool or garden) but a dramatic location:

http://www.kuhio-shores.com/

Other condos in Poipu that I personally like are:

Poipu Kai (Manualoha and Poipu Sands) and Nihi Kai.

You might check out Poipu Sands since it is very close to the Hyatt. Just a thought!

www.parrishkauai.com rents Poipu Kai as well as www.suite-paradise.com and www.vrbo.com.

This should get you started, at least.

Grand Hyatt and then where?

p.s. A lot of places have a 5 night minimum stay but if they have a slot between two other guests, they may be able to squeeze you in.


Kuhio Shores is a 4 night minimum stay.


If you stay at The Hyatt and then go to KS you might not like it.

Look at Whaler%26#39;s Cove or Kiahuna Plantation. Poipu Kapili maybe?

I still say North Shore. Gorgeous day today. I went to Lihue and it rained the whole time. Got back up here and bright sunshine.


In addition to the good advice above, see what kind of rates you get at the Sheraton Hotel on Poipu Beach. It would be fine for several nights, perhaps hotwire or AAA would have some good rates.

The beach is perfect for swimming and they have breakfast packages too. No other place will have the grounds of the Hyatt, but being able to swim in the ocean right out your door is really nice.


How about considering 2 different types of experiences since you are moving from one place to another. Direct beach front, not as pricey as Hyatt, nicely appointed condo with the waves crashing right outside your lanai, and then ending up with a lush tropical more pampered experience at the beautiful Hyatt. Just a thought.


I can stay at the Hyatt for 2 more nights for $375/night (doesn%26#39;t include breakfast or resort fee or taxdes) sounds like a lot for a room but then I will probably pay $200 for a OF condo. After 5 days of running around seeing stuff will probably like to relax, and by then I will have left the Hyatt and the gorgeous grounds. Since we are going lst of March I assume the weather would be iffy if we went North.

What to do?


I would stay put for that price.


I changed my advice. At that rate, stay the next two nights at the Hyatt. The other hotels would not be any better of a deal.

Even without the buffet breakfast, you could get fruit or a muffin from the Seaview Terrace. They have empty mini frig%26#39;s in the room, you can get juice and make coffee in the room and sit on your balcony to watch the ocean.


The Sheraton quoted me $270 for garden view but I don%26#39;t know if that was breakfast and hotel fee. I said 2 extra nights at the Hyatt and I meant I could get 3 extra for the $375/night, but its still a lot of $. I assume it is a garden view since it is a block of rooms. Like you said probably not worth moving for just to save a few bucks. The Whalers Cove and the Kilaulna Plantation looked nice but right up there in price also?? Is 8 nights enough, I don%26#39;t know if I can get the hotel to spring for 4 nights at the group rate. Or stay 2 extra at Hyatt @ $375 and 2 @ Sheraton for $270, but seems like I would be losing out on the Hyatt for the 1 night with that plan. Hope I don%26#39;t sound cheap it is still a great deal @ the Hyatt.

  • recipes cream
  • benefits of using
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment