Saturday, April 21, 2012

Priceline question re Ala Moana Hotel and Hawaii Prince

Aloha! We have a reservation for the Ala Moana Hotel for April at a price of $139 Kona Tower/Mountain View (cheapest room available) for one night. We are on our way to BI the next morning.





I thought I would try to get this same hotel on Priceline, but I don%26#39;t see any recent successful bids listed. Has anyone bid successfully for the Ala Moana recently?





Also, I see that the Hawaii Prince often comes up as a successful bid in the Marina area - about $130.00 -same price as I currently have at the Ala Moana. I would like to know if there are any restaurants within walking distance of this hotel before I try bidding. We will be arriving about 7 pm, starving, and we will also need an early breakfast before we fly out the next morning. I don%26#39;t want to have to take a taxi somewhere to eat.





Mahalo for any and all suggestions.



Priceline question re Ala Moana Hotel and Hawaii Prince


Hi melelina,



sorry, I can%26#39;t help with the Priceline bid question.



I only bid Priceline once for Oahu and that was Waikiki and I hated what they gave me. I decided then I would only use it when the choices are limited and all are acceptable. Perhaps that is so for the Marina area, I%26#39;m not sure.





I%26#39;m replying because I%26#39;ve stayed at the Ala Moana a few times, and the Kona tower is the pits, IMHO. Tiny room and incredibly depressing industrial view. It is well worth it to stay in the Waikiki tower and request as high up as possible to get away from the traffic noise.





As for the breakfast, I find the restaurant there very slow, so slow that we walked out. Instead we walked over to the Food Court, which is only 5 minutes walk.





I don%26#39;t know about the Prince, but I do recommend the Ala Moana Center as a place where you have a huge variety of food to choose from, and it is quick. This is a plus to Ala Moana. But I still don%26#39;t like the Kona Tower.



Priceline question re Ala Moana Hotel and Hawaii Prince


Hi melelina,





I can%26#39;t help you with the first part of your post but I stayed at the Hawaii Prince in November and there was a Outback Steakhouse and Red Lobster next to the hotel. There are a few other restaurants including an Indian one in the plaza with McDonalds and another I didn%26#39;t try but there isn%26#39;t a wide variety.





The Hawaii Prince also has a free shuttle bus to three stops - King K? plaza, DFS and Waikiki beach that runs every half hour or so starting from 12pm.






Hi M/a,



The Hawaii Prince has a Food outlet inside the



front door where at about 0545am you can get



Teas/ coffee and or drinks with good food which



is very fresh and good quality or you can stock



up the night before and use the room mini-fridge



which will be working.



There are 2 ABC stores within 5 minutes walk



from the hotel on the main road.Also there is a



restaurant in the H/P which will be open when



you arrive. Good Luck..NWF...

No comments:

Post a Comment