Saturday, April 21, 2012

car rental?

Any suggestions for which car rental companies at the airport to use or avoid? We have such a brief stay I%26#39;m hoping not to spend too much time waiting in line. thanks!

car rental?

Which ever company you decide to rent from sign up for their preferred card. You usually have a special line for them. I have done that with Dollar and saved standing in long lines.

car rental?

I do hope this doesn%26#39;t mean you plan to wait until you arrive to reserve a car?!

Alamo offers the option to get in and out using a kiosk - their website provides the information needed to do this. Also most other agencies have the opportunity to sign up for their various frequent programs which can and will speed up your rental pick-up time.


thank you; I%26#39;ll reserve it now. I arrive in about three weeks.


The wait in the rental car line has to be the worst thing about the whole trip to Hawaii. All you want to do is go get settled in and hit the beach, and time seems to stop while you are in that line. I can%26#39;t even tell you how long it took, but I am sure the clock went backwards at one point.


I am already anticipating the worst. My plane (777) is totally full... and since there aren%26#39;t that many car rental companies I imagine it will be crowded at the counter. We arrive at 6pm from the east coast, and will have a very tired 5 year old with us!


Another suggestion you will hear a lot around here is one person go to get the rental car, while the other stays behind and gets the luggage. Sometimes you can beat the crowds that way.

  • cat
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment