Sunday, April 15, 2012

Has anyone stayed at the River Estate Guest House?

This looks like a great place and I%26#39;ve already booked it but would be interested in comments.





http://www.riverestate.com/





I haven%26#39;t spent much time on the North Shore and since I%26#39;m traveling solo I%26#39;m wondering if there are any good trails nearby or trail groups/guides.





Any good places to eat where I won%26#39;t feel stupid eating alone? Maybe where I can sit at the bar? Thanks!



Has anyone stayed at the River Estate Guest House?


I visited clients a few times who were staying in that unit. They liked the location and found the furnishings to top notch. The lanai is wonderfully peaceful. It does get buggy at night being so close to the river, so be sure to keep the screens closed after dark, when the mosquitos ocome out.





You%26#39;ll be up near the Hanakapiai trail, which is so well traveled you%26#39;ll likely be able to hook up with a hiking buddy. You might advertise on Craigslist for a hiking partner -- or sign up for one of the Sierra Clubs guided hikes. There%26#39;s also the ';Kauai Connections'; meetup (www.meetup.org) that has activities such as hiking, biking the coastal path, bowling, dinners, etc. Make a suggestion and you might have some instant friends joining you.





I%26#39;m on my own a lot and can usually tell by walking by a place whether I%26#39;d feel comfortable eating by myself or not. Guess it has to do with the patrons there at any given moment. I pretty much don%26#39;t really care what others think of me dining alone - and I%26#39;m usually able to strike up a conversation with others dining solo.





You%26#39;ll have a great time, I%26#39;m sure!



Has anyone stayed at the River Estate Guest House?


Thank you as those are great suggestions. I have hiked parts of that trail three times and it is beautiful. I have a severe bee allergy so now I try not to hike alone just in case I get stung by one of those creeps!





River Estate looks pretty nice and I got a great deal on it. I%26#39;m looking forward to the peace and exploring the north shore!

No comments:

Post a Comment