Saturday, March 24, 2012

Honolulu Airport Question

I am hoping somebody can tell me if there is somewhere I can hang out for an hour or two after I get my luggage when I arrive at the airport in a few weeks. I arrive in Honolulu 2 hours prior to when my friend arrives (I am meeting her in Hawaii, since we live in different cities). I tried looking at the airport map on the Hawaii.gov website, and using Google, but I can%26#39;t tell from the terminal maps what is before and after security.





So are there any restaurants or bars I can hang out in for a little bit and grab a cocktail while waiting for my friend after I get my suitcase? I don%26#39;t want to leave it unattended for too long so I%26#39;d rather collect it first and then find somewhere to get a drink. Thanks in advance!



Honolulu Airport Question


The airport bars are inside security so that won%26#39;t work, the closest good area is Aloha Tower which is about a 10 minute taxi drive. I would suggest just taking the shuttle to waikiki and get all checked in so when your friend arrives you are ready to start mai tai treatment immediately. Either that or a good book, to kill a few minutes you can go to the lei stands at the airport.



Honolulu Airport Question


Are you checking your suitcase or doing carryon?



If you can get by with just a carryon size that way you won%26#39;t have to got to baggage claim which i%26#39;m pretty sure is outside security. They probably won%26#39;t let you back through without a ticket but if all you have is carryon you won%26#39;t have to worry about it.



There%26#39;s a Kona Brewing co in the terminal and a very nice japanese/chinese garden outside in the middle of the terminal.



We only do a carryon and back pack each its so much easier and you don%26#39;t need much clothes for Hawaii anyway imo. You can always wash clothes where you are staying.



I don%26#39;t recall there being anything like that outside the security area.



Aloha Marie




I%26#39;d suggest you each just go ahead separately, using one of the hotel shuttle busses %26amp; meet up later at your hotel. That will be easiest, no more expensive, and more pleasant than sitting around the airport.





The bars are in the departure area, not arrivals I%26#39;m pretty sure.




Baggage claim at HNL is outside security with no food facilities.



I assume you want to share the cost of the taxi and that is why you are waiting for your friend.



My suggestion is to get something to eat and drink from a restaurant as soon as you get off the plane then head down to baggage claim and wait there for your friend.



Any unclaimed baggage goes to the airline%26#39;s baggage claim office next to the turnstiles in baggage claim area. These offices have hours of operation...don%26#39;t take so long to get there that they have locked up for the night. You can check online to see what the hours of operation are for your airline if you feel the need. But..I would get my food quickly and get down to baggage claim wo delaying too much.




You are assuming that you both will arrive on time. Hmmm...





I think that I would head for the hotel and check in .... let your friend join you there. Otherwise, bring a good book.




Even IF you are sharing the cost of a taxi, it still costs more than 2 people separately just hopping on the next available shuttle.





I think this is a far better plan in case one person%26#39;s flight is delayed. You can just meet up whenever at your hotel, instead of stressing out at the airport. And no, there%26#39;s really no good place to hang out while you wait a couple hours.





You don%26#39;t want to leave your suitcase unattended for ANY period of time.


  • jabbawockeez mask
  • 1 comment:

    1. Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post. Honolulu Airport

      ReplyDelete