Thursday, April 19, 2012

Texas Girl Looking for Condo on Poipu - need air conditionin

Hello! Summers here are over 100 degrees. I am looking at vrbo.com and others for a wonderful condo or hotel as close to the beach as possible near Poipu with enough activities to please our three year old nearby. Many do not have air conditioning. Does that mean everyone leaves the windows open? Is it safe to sleep that way? Am I going to get hot? Plesae help!!! I am all the way in Texas trying to plan a mid August wedding without ever stepping foot on Kauai before. Can anyone recommend some places to me? Of course I love the Hyatt description but it sounds too expensive for our budget. Looking for something less than $300 a night for five nights that is located near the beach and has restaurants and kids activities nearby. Thank you very, very much in advance.

Texas Girl Looking for Condo on Poipu - need air conditionin

You%26#39;ll get the ';I didn%26#39;t need a/c in the summer'; responses, but if you are used to a/c you will want a/c. In August I want it!

Look at The Sheraton. Great beach. It might be out of your budget for your summer travel but maybe there are some book your car and condo/hotel room deals out there.

Most condos don%26#39;t have a/c due to the cost of electricity on the island, but there are a few. If you are frantic, call a rental agency like Parrish and they can help you.

Texas Girl Looking for Condo on Poipu - need air conditionin

August will be one of the hotter months on Kauai but not anything like Texas! :) I live in So Cal and I%26#39;ve never needed A/C in Poipu. Yes, most folks leave their windows open for air flow and I personally have never had a problem (in almost 20 years). Others will disagree. A/C is a personal choice.

With a 3 year old, I would highly recommend a condo or a house. I found that traveling with my kids at that age, I liked having that extra space for naps and a full kitchen for breakfasts and snacks, at least.

I really like Nihi Kai or Poipu Kai (areas Manualoha or Poipu Sands). They are both located close to Brennecke%26#39;s Beach and Poipu Beach. I use Parrish Kauai for all of my rentals. Also, Kiahuna Plantation condos.

http://www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/

But there are other agencies in the area including

www.KauaiRentals.com

suite-paradise.com

pbvacationrentals.com

kauaivacationrentals.com

luxurykauai.com

I was going to recommend a house but most of them have a 7 night minimum. You might be able to squeeze in between other reservations.


These folks have a 2 bedroom in your price range with Central A/C. It%26#39;s one of the newer complexs in Kauai.

www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/RG211.html

www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/RG214.html

luxurykauai.com/vacation-rentals/鈥?/a>

Here is a map of Poipu Kai:

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/poipukai_sitep鈥?/a>


ibtraveling,

I provided a link to Luxury Travel in my post for the Regency Poipu Kai condos above. They do offer two bedrooms wih A/C as I menioned.

Parrish Kauai also offers two bedrooms at Regency but you can rent the specific condo through Parrish. They provide pictures of the exact condo you would rent. Luxury Kauai and Suite Paraide do not guarantee a specific condo though they have more Poipu Kai condos available for rent.

Marti


I%26#39;m also from Texas and agree with you on the A/C. It%26#39;s a must for us. Obviously it would be best if you can find a condo with A/C around Poipu, but you might have a problem with your budget. If the prices are too steep for you, then the Marriott near Lihue might fit your budget and requirements. It%26#39;s on a protected cove so it%26#39;s a good beach for kids and has a huge pool. It%26#39;s part time-share, part hotel, but the time-share part will run more than 300/night, so look at the hotel rooms. There are several restaurants at the hotel, we particularly enjoyed Duke%26#39;s. I don%26#39;t know about kids activities, but since it%26#39;s a mega-hotel they might have them.


%26lt;%26lt;best if you can find a condo with A/C around Poipu, but you might have a problem with your budget%26gt;%26gt;

Regency Poipu Kai has 2 bedrooms with Central A/C for $265/night. I provided 3 links above for these units through Parrish Kauai and Luxury Kauai.


My family and I just got back from Kauai and we stayed in some great condo units in Poipu. They were very family friendly with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, and AIR CONDITIONING. Air conditioning is a must. Even if it isn%26#39;t super hot you will still get the muggy, sticking feeling if you sleep with your windows open. We found our condo on, LuxuryKauai.com, website. I think the company name was Kauai Travel Authority or something like that. They also have many different sized units if you have lots of guests coming for your wedding!


I%26#39;m one who vacations in Kauai in August. Yes, we need a/c when visiting. I live at a SoCal beach town, and we have no a/c in our home, nor do we need it, as we don%26#39;t get humidity by our coast.

However, I could not be in Kauai without it during that time. Sometimes at night it is cooler, and we can leave the slider open, but many times it is too hot and sticky to sleep if we didn%26#39;t have it. The overhead fan just doesn%26#39;t cut it.

Have you checked out the Sunshine on Sale package at the Hyatt, where you get the 5th night free? It brings the cost down. We take our grandchild who was 4 this past Aug. and she loved the property and all there is to do.

  • cat
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment